Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Next Generation Leadership

I'm preparing for the Next Generation Leadership (NGL) group, which meets this Thursday. We're currently looking at the principles taken from THE LEADERSHIP CHALLENGE by Kouzes and Posner. It's a great book, and I'd encourage you to read it, whether or not you're involved in NGL.

Leaders are readers. The person you and I become in the next five years will be determined to a great extent by the people we associate with and the books that we read.

I'm looking forward to being with all of you NGL people!

2 comments:

Ruthie Oberg said...

The year-long community Leadership Summit that I am in is also using Kouzes and Posner's book as the basic text. Have you guys used their "values" cards? I think the exercise using them would be GREAT for marriage counseling.

Our instructor is a leadership trainer from Princeton...and has done most of her work with Kouzes and Posner. Learning alot...but since most of my colleagues are social workers I do miss the discussion of how all of this would apply to the church world.

Tom Jacobs said...

Sounds like a very interesting group. We're not using their values cards. Didn't know they existed. How can we access them?
Wish you and Shawn were in our monthly meetings/discussions. We're having a great time together, and I think we're learning some things!